It can be difficult for people to admit they suffer from hearing loss, so taking the step to see a hearing care provider to purchase hearing aids is a big deal to many people. You can make the most of this appointment and ensure that you will be happy with your purchase if you are prepared to ask some important questions before choosing your hearing aids.
Look Before You Leap: Questions to Ask Your Hearing Aid Technician
When it comes to hearing aids, you want to be sure you are making the best choice for your hearing loss and lifestyle. Your True Sound hearing care provider will explain the advantages and disadvantages of various models, discuss a comfortable price point for you, and teach you how to care for your new device, but make sure any other questions or concerns you have are also addressed.
Start with the following questions:
- Which is the best device for my hearing loss? Not all models of hearing aids work for all levels of hearing loss, so ask about which ones will work best for you.
- What is the latest technology available? If you’re into bells and whistles, ask about connectivity and features of the latest high-end models.
- Is the device covered by a warranty? Most hearing aids come with a one-year warranty from the manufacturer, but extended warranties may also be available. If you want to protect your investment, ask about warranty options.
- Will my insurance cover any of the cost? Most health insurance policies do not cover hearing aids, but it’s worth asking. You may also be able to use a flexible spending account to pay for your device and other financing options are always available.
- What will the total cost be? Hearing aids are available at a variety of price points, which your hearing care provider will discuss with you. When you purchase hearing aids from True Sound Hearing Aid Center, the cost of the hearing aid will also include our expert care.
- Are there any hearing aids I can try for free? Hearing aid manufacturers often run free trial offers. Ask about current promotions so you can try before you buy.
Remember, there are no dumb questions! We are happy to answer any questions you have! We suggest you write down questions as you think about your upcoming appointment and bring your list with you.